PCR of lambda gt10

Giorgio Spagnol spagnol at galactica.it
Thu Aug 3 05:33:06 EST 1995

In article <3vhr2d$5kl at nntp3.u.washington.edu> Kevin Lease,
stardog at u.washington.edu writes:
> Could someone please send me a good protocol for PCR with a lambda gt10
> clone as my template DNA?  I am particulary interested in hearing how
> people begin their PCR to denature the capsid.

I just destroy it by heating at 95!C for 5'. It always worked.
I'm amplifying from a lambda library since two months and results are
good. I would not recommend a special protocol, but I solved every
problem I had with PCR by using the PCR Optimizer kit from INVITROGEN and
by always using a nested primer.
If you experience any problem feel free to E-Mail me.
No affiliation whatsoever.
Best wishes.
Giorgio.