acrylamide gels and DNA markers

Dr. Kimberly Walker kwalker at umabnet.ab.umd.edu
Fri Aug 4 14:50:03 EST 1995

Hi
Thanks for all the responses I got on Primer Extension!
I think it is going well, for example, I get globs of discrete size on my
acrylamide gels and some of them are radioactive.

My question is, is there some strange function of prestained BRL markers
that refuses to let them enter the acrylamide gels?  I know that the
600bp fragment of 100 bp size standards is supposed to run anomolously,
but do all markers (Lambda HindII, Lambda BstEII, PhiX 174 HaeIII) run
strangely on acrylamide gels?

Just a thought.

Kim
kwalker at umabnet.ab.umd.edu