Video Photodocumentation of gels

David J. Evans d.j.evans at reading.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 03:23:38 EST 1995

Pierre
We used the UVP Grab-IT system and bought a camera. stand and printer
separately - and saved a of of money doing it like this.  The
instructions are poor (well, OK, non-existent) but it's easy to put
together.

We've also tried both the Stratagene Eagle-Eye and Bio-rad systems - both
of which are OK (the former is particularly nice).  However, there is a
price premium - the Stratagene is about twice the cost of the system we
finally installed.

I should add that we have our frame grabber in a networked computer so we
can print (to thermal or laserprinter), save to disk, manipulate the
image (e.g. via Photoshop) etc.

David

--

David J. Evans