Video Photodocumentation of gels

David J. Evans d.j.evans at
Fri Aug 4 03:23:38 EST 1995

We used the UVP Grab-IT system and bought a camera. stand and printer
separately - and saved a of of money doing it like this.  The
instructions are poor (well, OK, non-existent) but it's easy to put

We've also tried both the Stratagene Eagle-Eye and Bio-rad systems - both
of which are OK (the former is particularly nice).  However, there is a
price premium - the Stratagene is about twice the cost of the system we
finally installed.

I should add that we have our frame grabber in a networked computer so we
can print (to thermal or laserprinter), save to disk, manipulate the
image (e.g. via Photoshop) etc.

David J. Evans
AMS, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, P.O. Box 228, READING, UK
Voice : 44 (0)1734 318893  Fax : 44 (0)1734 750140