Cloning Vector Help !

Richard C. Ogden bss053 at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 09:17:09 EST 1995

HELP !!

       I am attempting to clone a gene from a Pseudomonad bacterial
strain. Other anologues of the gene have been studied and it is reported
to suffer deletion events and possible toxicity problems in high copy
number vectors, such as pUC. They seem reasonably happy in pBR322
derivatives or low copy number vectors such pKT230.

       The problem is pKT230 is not very nice to work with and I need a
SmaI site in the vector, ruling out pBR322. Could anyone recommend a
possible vector and a supplier ? Any help would be much appreciated !

                                       Cheers

                                              Richard

RICHARD C. OGDEN,                E-mail: BSS053 at BANGOR.AC.UK
SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES    Phone : 01248 351151 ext.2368
(MEMORIAL BUILDING),              (International: +44 1248 351151
ext.2368)
UNIVERSITY OF WALES,             Fax   : 01248 370731
BANGOR, GWYNEDD.                  (International: +44 1248 370731)
LL57 2UW, UK.
                                   Home: O1248 353093