Online Vector Database

Howard Cash howardc at genecodes.com
Fri Aug 4 15:26:46 EST 1995

amorla at midway.uchicago.edu (Alex Morla) wrote:
>I am looking for a source of vector plasmid sequences ...
>...I have not had much luck
>with GeneBank and I was wondering if there was some database somewhere
>(either on the www, or gopher, ftp, etc.) that would have such sequences.
>Any info will be appreciated.
>--
>Dr. Alex Morla
>Dept. of Pathology
>The Univ. of Chicago

Alex,

I have not found the vector you are looking for, but there is a
good web site for looking up vectors.  Look at Stephen Misener's
"Vector DB" page by pointing your web browser to

     http://biology.queensu.ca/~miseners/vector.html

It has good info, plus pointers to databases from Promega, NEB,
Invitrogen and other useful pages. Even if it does not have what
you want this time, it will be worth browsing.

Regards,

Howard Cash
Gene Codes Corp.
2901 Hubbard Rd.