Automated online journal searching

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 06:24:15 EST 1995

Hi Folks,

Just thought that some of you may be interested in the following.

There is a database called Uncover accessed via Telnet to
database.carl.org. The basic online search is free. You can search,
by author, title, journal or word with normal boolean commands ie
and, or, not etc The result is the title of the paper, journal and
authors.

So what you say. Well for a further US$20 per year one can
use the Reveal service of Uncover. You can set up a list of
up to 50 individual keywords and journals and every time a paper is
published containing said keyword you are automatically notified by
Email. The same applies to journal contents. Want notifying of
the contents of some obscure journal that your institute doesn't
get, easy add it to the list and it gets emailed to you every issue.
How do they make their money? They hope you will be so desperate that
you will pay them >$$ for faxing the all important paper immediately
to you.

I am not connected to Uncover just a very satisfied user of Reveal
who can spend more time at the bench instead of the library.

Duncan