Need colorimetric assay to detect PCR products.

Ian J. Mehr ijmehr at
Mon Aug 7 14:37:53 EST 1995

I am searching for colorimetric methods of detection for PCR products.
The assay need not be specific, as in DNA sequence, just a simple positive
or negative result relating to the presence or absence of product.  This
will facilitate the screening of thousands of PCR reactions I will be
performing in search of a negative result.  It would be much easier (not
to mention less time consuming) to place the reactions in a microtiter
dish and have it screened by a plate reader, or visually if possible, than
to screen every sample by agarose gel electrophoresis.  Any ideas would be

Ian J. Mehr
ijm at