ABI 377 Sequencing Reagents HELP

Rick Thorne mdjlsc at cc.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Aug 6 19:26:00 EST 1995

Greetings from Australia.
We have recently purchased an ABI 377 sequencer. There are problems at
the moment as the gels have a front running through them, which occurs
even without any samples. The problem most likely lies with the reagents
used to make the gels. Can anyone help with sources (brands) of
acrylamide and urea that work best with this machine. In Australia we
can obtain premixed 19:1 but not 29:1 acrylamide so at the moment we are
stuck with making up our own solutions from scratch.

Thanks in advance, RICK THORNE