help! non-radioactive Southern

Zhengyang Wu zywzyw at lysator.liu.se
Mon Aug 7 04:39:57 EST 1995

Hi! I have been working with P32- Southern, and now I want to begin with
non-radioactive labelling. There are many providers of non-radioactive-
labelling kits, but I don't know which are reliable.

I bought "ECL random prime labelling and detection system" from Amersham,
but later I found that this kit does not work with Southern of genomic
DNA. I feel me badly cheated.

There are other alternatives. Almost every bigger companies have own
non-radioactive labelling kits. Can someone who have experience in this
give me some suggestion which one I should buy for genomic DNA Southern?
Is there any other way to label DNA-probe without using harmful P32 for
this application?

Thanks in advance!

Zhengyang Wu, Ph.D student
Dept. Medical Microbiology
Linkoping University
S-581 85, Linkoping
Sweden
e-mail: zywzyw at lysator.liu.se

Can anyone tell me how the world will look like after 5 million years?