Transcription Factor info needed

rmoldwin at midway.uchicago.edu rmoldwin at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 8 11:44:04 EST 1995

Hi Martin,

    If you look at the *raw* Transcription Factor Database (The "TFD" database)
file in ASCII format, you will note that it contains a reference for each
factor/binding site.  Could these be the type of references that you are
looking for?   Perhaps the program that you are using does not support the
reference fields.  As I posted previously, I have converted the TFD Main File
into an indexed MS Access database table.  Also the ASCII version is available
from the NCBI, but, of course, it's unwieldy to use as straight text.  I'm sure
you're already aware of the numerous WWW sites available for searching the TFD.
I would bet at least one of them provides access to literature references.  If
you're interested in the MS Access version, I could send it to you (you need to
have MS Access).

On the other hand, perhaps you already know this, and are looking for more
information?  In any case, I hope this helps.

--Rich