*** TRizol LS for Tissue RNA ***

B.Schonhoft schonhoft.2 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 8 09:50:44 EST 1995

I want to use Trizol LS (BRL) for isolating RNA from tissue samples.  I've
used it successfully in several other RNA isolations from cell culture,
blood, etc.
The tissue protocol calls for using a "tissuemizer" or some other tissue
homogenization machine.  Has anyone used Trizol for tissue RNA isolation
without using a homogenizer machine?  Can you just cut tissue up and
vortex?  I don't have enough tissue to see if that'll work.  Thankyou.

Brad Schonhoft                      bschonho at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Dept.of Molecular Genetics          Ph. 614-292-2640
484 W. 12the Ave, Rm 226
Columbus, Oh 43201