Purification of egg yolk antibodies

Michael Bausher mbausher at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Tue Aug 8 09:35:12 EST 1995

Frank--

Your message to the net parallels some work I am doing.  I am in the
process of having antibodies raised in chicken and found a method for the
purification of Ig"s .  Look in volume 2 of Cell Biology (Academic,
press-1994).  The article is by Kokko et al., p282-288.  It contains a
fairly complete discription of Ig purification including buffer systems.
If you don"t have access to these protocol sent me an email and I will
FAX it to you.   The literature citation at the end of the chapter will
be very useful.

I would like to keep in touch to see how your affinity column works out.

Regards,

Michael Bausher

PS -- the system I'm working with are synthetic peptides to plant derived
sequences.