No way.

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Aug 8 14:31:18 EST 1995

.
> Hopefully it was a nice easy plasmid that could be rescued...

Sorry about that! Since it wasn't clear, I assumed it was a bacterial culture
with recombinant plasmid.  But, in fact Nikolai wrote to me that it was a cell
line....probably gone forever :-(

BTW, FWIW the plasmid thing does work. You can even transform with the media
less E. coli cells. There is a paper out there in Literature-Land about
plasmids being excreted into the media, but I can't remember where I've seen
it. If you know which one I'm talking about, please tell me. I would like to
keep track of them by adding to my database.