Annealing oligos for adapter preparation

Brad Nicholson brad at corona.med.utah.edu
Wed Aug 9 16:35:57 EST 1995

In article <408d6j$p00 at news.tamu.edu>, dilip <dilip at zeus.tamu.edu> wrote:

> Dear netters,
 >
 >I need to make an adapter and I have oilgos for the same.
>snip<
 >Thanks,
 >dilip

dilip

Check out Stover, Vodkin & Oaks. (1987). Use of Conversion Adaptors to
Clone Antigen Genes in lambda gt11. Analytical Biochemistry. 163:398-407.

It's really simple, add your two oligo's in equal portions, adjust the
concentration to 20 uM in 25 mM Tris-HCl, 8.0, 10 mM MgCl2. Heat to 95 C,
and cool to room temperature over 1 hour. (Quoted without permission from
Stover, et. al.)

Good Luck,
Brad
Brad Nicholson              |"If it worked the first time, it wouldn't be
Department of Pathology     |	research."...Brad Nicholson
University of Utah          |	Live from behind the Zion Curtian.
Salt Lake City, UT 84132    |
brad at corona.med.utah.edu    |
or: (801)-581-4365          | My opinions are solely my own.