HIV reagents wanted

Seth Pincus Seth_Pincus at NIH.gov
Tue Aug 8 20:42:09 EST 1995

In article <409rb5$2o0$2 at mhadf.production.compuserve.com>, Klaus Lehnert
<100116.1552 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:

> Hi folks
> I'm planning a new project on the effect of HIV proteins on T cells. I
will need the reagents listed below, and would be grateful if anyone could
tell me where to get them:
> 1. A cDNA or an engineered gene encoding HIV-1 gp120 (or gp160), preferably
> for expression in Chinese hamster ovary cells, although others or
soluble gp120
> also welcome.
> 2. Antibodies (or hybridoma) against HIV-1 gp120, the HIV-1 tat protein and
> against human CD26.
> 3. A plasmid to test HIV tat protein function in eukaryotic cells, eg an
> LTR-Luciferase or -beta-galactosidase plasmid.
>
> Thanks very much, and feel free to ask if I can provide anything (including
> help) to you, I'm a former yeast geneticist-turned-immunologist to give you
> an idea what might be available.
>
> KLAUS.
> --
> Klaus Lehnert, University of Auckland, Dept. Molecular Medicine,
> Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand.
> E-mail: mmm_klehnert at mednov1.auckland.ac.nz
> CServe: 100116,1552

Try The AIDS Research and Reference Reagent Program (United States) phone
(301) 340-0245, fax (301) 340-9245, and the MRC AIDS Reagent Program
(Great Britain) phone 0707 54753, fax 0707 49865, E-mail
reagents at UK.AC.NIBSC.COMP.