HIV reagents wanted

Anton Scott Goustin asg at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Wed Aug 9 19:19:19 EST 1995

Klaus Lehnert <100116.1552 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>Hi folks
>I'm planning a new project on the effect of HIV proteins on T cells. I will need the reagents listed below, and would be grateful if anyone could tell me where to get them:
>1. A cDNA or an engineered gene encoding HIV-1 gp120 (or gp160), preferably
>for expression in Chinese hamster ovary cells, although others or soluble gp120
>also welcome.
>2. Antibodies (or hybridoma) against HIV-1 gp120, the HIV-1 tat protein and
>against human CD26.
>3. A plasmid to test HIV tat protein function in eukaryotic cells, eg an
>LTR-Luciferase or -beta-galactosidase plasmid.
>
>Thanks very much, and feel free to ask if I can provide anything (including
>help) to you, I'm a former yeast geneticist-turned-immunologist to give you
>an idea what might be available.
>
>KLAUS.
>--
>Klaus Lehnert, University of Auckland, Dept. Molecular Medicine,
>Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand.
>E-mail: mmm_klehnert at mednov1.auckland.ac.nz
>CServe: 100116,1552

Klaus!  I see you are from NZ.  The MRC has an AIDS Reagent Project operated through the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Herts EN6 3QG, UK.  TELEPHONE 0707-654753.  Many of their reagents are free, you just pay the postage.  They have an E-mail address:  reagent at uk.ac.nibsc.comp or hholmes at nibsc.ac.uk.  Get a catalog from them.