Dextran Sulfate 10% vs 5%

J. Patrick Martinez martinez at puccini.CRL.umn.edu
Wed Aug 9 09:04:36 EST 1995

Hi,

We are currently using 5% Dextran sulfate in our hybridization solution to
enhance the signal of single copy genes probed with radioactively labeled
DNA.   To gain maximum signal, we were considering bumping up the Dextran
sulfate concentration to 10% for special applications such as probing
pulsed field gel electrophoresis blots.   Has anyone compared the effect
of using 10% vs. 5% dextran sulfate in hybridazations?

Thanks,

Pat M.