DNA Strider

To: Nikolai troianovsk_s at MSDISK.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Aug 9 11:48:48 EST 1995

Brad wrote:

>Does anyone know how to use the digest menu command in Strider 1.2?  When I
>
>try it, it says rest. enzyme not chosen.  Please reply by e-mail.  Thanks
>

>--
>
>Brad Schonhoft                      bschonho at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
>
>Dept.of Molecular Genetics          Ph. 614-292-2640
>
>484 W. 12the Ave, Rm 226
>
>Columbus, Oh 43201

Brett replied:

The oldest question in the book! And speaking of books, if you register your

copy of this amazing but cheap program, you will get an instruction book that

describes the mysterious functions involving the option key. Whoops! you
>didn't

hear that from me!

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology

Washington University - St Louis

brett at borcim.wustl.edu

In another words, it means:

While you opened the file with seq. and want proceed to the option
"Digestion (..) under the Enz menu, hold the <alt>Option key while
executing Digestion command. The screen with table of restriction
endonucleases will appear. Select <hilight> the disered enzyme(s) and press
OK. That`s it.

Good luck. My copy of DNA_Strider was borrowed from friend and is not
registred too. So what?

Nikolai
http://128.252.119.253