pH growth optimum of bacteria

"Marianne Leverone ", BIO leverone at CHUMA.CAS.USF.EDU
Thu Aug 10 11:07:25 EST 1995

aha:  yes use a phosphate buffer system.  for instance, the minimal
medium that I use contains 2.5 mM potassium phosphate dibasic and 2.5 mM
potassium phosphate monobasic.  You can adjust the pH before filling up
to volume.  I don't know how this would work with extreme high and low
pH's however.  marainne Leverone, Univ. of south Fla.  Tampa, fl