Advice wanted on DIG gel shift kit

Brendan McMorran bmcm at sanger.otago.ac.nz
Thu Aug 10 04:31:20 EST 1995

Hi everybody. Apologies for my last attempt at a message.
 Thanks to Mike the computer Wiz the problem should be
 fixed. We are wanting to investigate the possible binding
 of a protein expressed in E. coli with a DNA oligo. We are
considering using the DIG gel shift kit to make things
 a bit safer. However our lit search has identified only
 a very small number of papers which have used the kit
 sucessfully. Is this a bad sign? Can anyone give us advice
 on the pluses and/or minuses of this system, or point
 us in the direction of a relevant paper? Replies
 welcome on Email or the net.
Cheers,
Brendan.