Need GTPase for positive control

Steve Mcclue Steven_Mcclue-1%notes at sb.com
Fri Aug 11 04:00:21 EST 1995

In article <newitt-1008951734290001 at 128.231.113.35>, newitt at nih.gov says...

>I am doing some GTPase assays and would like to obtain an enzyme with
>intrinsic GTPase activity to use as a positive control.

John, I don't know what kind of GTPase assays you're doing and how pure you need the proteins to
be, but most membrane preps will contain G-proteins which have an intrinsic GTPase activity in
the range you're looking for. I don't know if the purified proteins are commercially available
(if you use Gi or Go, you shouldn't need any GAP), but I think that if you wanted purified
G-proteins someone like Paul Sternweis might be the person to ask.

E-mail me for more info, if you're interested.

Steve

Steven_McClue-1%notes at sb.com