Advice wanted on DIG gel shift kit

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Aug 11 12:41:42 EST 1995

 In article <40cjl8$2qn at celebrian.otago.ac.nz>
 bmcm at sanger.otago.ac.nz (Brendan McMorran) writes:

| We are wanting to investigate the possible binding of a protein expressed in E.
| coli with a DNA oligo. We are considering using the DIG gel shift kit to make
| things a bit safer. However our lit search has identified only a very small
| number of papers which have used the kit sucessfully. Is this a bad sign? Can
| anyone give us advice on the pluses and/or minuses of this system, or point us
| in the direction of a relevant paper? Replies welcome on Email or the net.
| Cheers, Brendan.

@article{Duncan1994,
author = "M. R. Duncan
     and R. Berger
     and B. Berman",
title = "Nonradioactive gel mobility shift assays with
digoxigenin-labeled oligonucleotides and Lumi-Phos 530
chemiluminescent substrate",
journal = "Biochemica",
volume = "11",
number = "1",
pages = "7",
year = "1994"}

@article{Berger1993,
author = "R. Berger
     and M. R. Duncan
     and B. Berman",
title = "Nonradioactive gel mobility shift assay using
chemiluminescent detection",
journal = "BioTechniques",
volume = "15",
number = "4",
pages = "650-651",
year = "1993"}

I actually prefer to use the Tropix Southern Light kit for detecting
biotinylated oligos and I have gotten some wonderful gel shifts using it.
Any questions? You can e-mail me.