How to quantitate DMSO left in cell culture?

Helen McBride hmcbride at hlthsci.med.utah.edu
Fri Aug 11 12:01:27 EST 1995

	I need to know how to determine the amount of DMSO that remains in a
cell culture preparation after washing. The cells are stored in a
cryogenic solution containing DMSO, thawed, grown to confluence with
weekly feeding, and are finally washed three times before injection into
mice.
	I need to know this because its important for the experimental results
that no inflammation or other side effects is caused by DMSO instead of
the cell preparation itself, but I don't have any ideas on how to
determine how much comes along with the cells. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hmcbride at hlthsci.med.utah.edu