dye for DNA

Anton Scott Goustin asg at cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Mon Aug 14 00:44:55 EST 1995

lasgo.bbs at AIDEBBS.EDU.TW wrote:
>Dye for DNA?
>Please tell me what the most sensitive dye is for the detection of double stranded DNA and where I can purchase it from. Thanks for your assistance.

SYBR Green is an intercalating dye touted to be 10X more sensitive
than ethidium bromide (EtBr).  FMC sells it in their ads that boast
<<Go straight to the source>>.  However, they are not the source!
The source is:
Molecular Probes Inc
P.O. Box 22010, Eugene, OR.  97402-0414
4849 Pitchford Avenue, Eugene, OR.  97402-9144
Tel:  (503) 465-8300
Tel:  (503) 465-8338 (Customer Service)
Tel:  (800) 438-2209 (Orders only)
Tel:  (503) 465-8353 (Technical Assistance)
Fax:  (503) 344-6504 (General)
Fax:  (503) 465-4593 (Technical Assistance)

Molecular Probes also has an Internet address: tech at probes.mhs.compuserve.com