HELP -DNA extraction from phage

Martin Osterhoff Martin.Osterhoff at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Aug 13 15:08:29 EST 1995

Martin Osterhoff <Martin.Osterhoff at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

Hi Jacqueline,

before all try to avoid too much agitating the DNA. I only turn around
the tube for several times when extracting or tip against it with a
finger.
Make two or three chloroform extraction after PEG precipitation and
centrifugation. It is really necessary to get rid of PEG rests which
otherwise will bind to DNA afterwards.

I wish you good results,

                                      Martin