Glioblastoma and Antibiotics

f.r.byrne gen126 at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Aug 14 05:58:07 EST 1995

don't think dso - we grow the cell line go-g-gcm here
and add pen and strep as reccomended by most catalogues
- can't remember exact conc. - and they grow just fine

shoukld be fine

good luck

Fergus

Sean Stevens (stevens at rockvax.rockefeller.edu) wrote:
: To anyone listening:

: 	I recently received a frozen stock of glioblastoma cells (I forget the
: exact strain) and although the media is listed there is no mention of
: antibiotics. We regularly add penicillin and streptomycin to our tissue
: culture cells; is there any reason not to do so with glioblastomas?

: 	Thanks,

: Sean Stevens  The Rockefeller University
: stevens at rockvax.rockefeller.edu