METHYLTRANSFERASE genes/activities?

Mai xu MXX102 at psuvm.psu.edu
Mon Aug 14 15:41:31 EST 1995

Hello,

Has anybody identified/cloned DNA methyltransferase activities/genes
which modify sites which occur very frequently?  In other words, that
modify DNA with a di- or trinucleotide specifity.  A degenerative
specificity is also acceptable.

Of course, I am aware of the SssI enzyme (CpG specificity).

We are interested in setting up collaborations with individuals who have identi
fied these novel DNA methyltransferases. Cloned genes are desired the most, but
we would be willing to collaborate with others in trying to clone genes
encoding good candidate enzymes.