How to find an SH3 domain

Jeffrey N Masters jmasters at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Aug 15 13:36:35 EST 1995

Anyone know how to predict whether a protein has an SH3 domain? I tried running
proteins with identified SH3 domains through Blocks and Procite with no luck.

The reason I am doing this is because I have a novel gene which is able to bind
to various SH3 domains. Using this sequence in genBank searches produces
no obvious homologies and Procite and Blocks come up with nothing or very
little significance (Procite is empty, Blocks just gives potential
phosphorylation sites). I'm just a bit uneasy that nothing pops up (like
potential SH3-domain binding regions with a consensus seq of XPpXP or
XPXXppP(hyrophobic)XP which are defined as binding sites). So I tried a domain
which I thought should come up with something and am surprised it doesn't.

Thanks

Jeff Masters

Thanks

Jeff Masters