how about bionet.molbio.pcr?

Stephen J. Hopkins shopkins at fs1.ho.man.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 08:45:05 EST 1995

Re:

>> : > Wouldn't it be great to make this new group and to keep all
>> : > PCR related discussions there? It alone, I think, takes >
>> : > 30% here. This way it will be easier to find PCR related
>> : > stuff there and all the rest - here.
>> : >

Although there have been some favourable responses to this idea, when this
came up before here I seem to remember a thumbs down, on the basis that most
people use a variety of techniques. Though I mostly use this group for PCR
info, establishing a new group would not stop people still sticking
PCR-related questions in this (excellent) group. Then one would need to search
two groups. I wonder if a compromise might be possible. Could it be arranged
that all postings with PCR in the title be organised together? It would
then require a convention about PCR in the title, so things like 'My primers
failed again' do not get missed. Of course, this could be a slipperry
slope to splitting up the newsgroup contents page into a lot of sub-headings.
Would that be a bad idea? Maybe not as bad as breakaway groups. Paul???

JMTP

Steve Hopkins

Stephen J. Hopkins (Ph.D)
University of Manchester Rheumatic Diseases Centre
Clinical Sciences Building, Hope Hospital, Salford, M6 8HD, U.K.
Tel:   0161-787-4269  Facsimile: 0161-787-4687
Email: SHOPKINS at fs1.ho.man.ac.uk
WWW:   http://www.hop.man.ac.uk/staff/shopkins/shopkins.htm