Sequencing Primer Extension Products

S.A. Frantz saf4 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 07:38:45 EST 1995

             I have done a primer extension reaction which has given
me more than one result. I would like to sequence these bands but I
cannot find any protocols for eluting the bands and sequencing them.
Ihave tried eluting the bands by boiling the polyacrylamide gel slice
and ligating a primer recognition site to the 5' end to amplify the DNA
 by PCR but this hasn't really work. Could anybody give me any advice
 or protocols on how to sequence my primer extension products.

Thank you in advance

Simon Frantz