Choosing a PCR machine

mhollowa at mhollowa at
Sun Aug 20 16:00:12 EST 1995

sabah hussain <shussain at> wrote:
>Dear netters. I am in the process of buying a thermocycler.

Whatever you get, get something with a heated bonnet.  Not having to use an
overlay is a big benefit.

You're using a Mac aren't you?  Your posts will be more readable if you
inserted line breaks.  I'm always seeing this problem, particularly on bionet
groups.  The line wraps on the poster's Mac, but the message on the net will
read as one long line.

Mike Holloway		    |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
mike.holloway at    |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
____________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ: