Good Marker for Histiocyte and/or Macrophage ?

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:47:15 EST 1995

In article <4132iu$198 at apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>,
<jmartino at cancer.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Posting this for a non-networked colleague (I'll forward all responses):
>
>   "Can you suggest a good marker for histiocyte and/or macrophage?
>    Where might the recommended antibody be obtained?
>
>    Thank you."
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Jeff

Its hard to say with this little information.  Are you looking for a cell
surface marker or for some sort of activity like a specific transcription
factor?  Since its probably the former, you might want to try CD11b/CD18
(Mo1) or CD14 (Mo2).  Check one of the charts that are put out by
companies that supply antibodies for FACS analysers for descriptions of
many others.

SRLasky