Choosing a PCR machine

Richard R. Hardy hardy at mighty.fccc.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:19:12 EST 1995

In article <crasmussen-2008952019230001 at mac06.biochem.ualberta.ca>,
crasmussen at anat.med.ualberta.ca (Colin Rasmussen) wrote:

>In article <4187os$948 at warp.cris.com>, mhollowa at cris.com wrote:
>
>> sabah hussain <shussain at rvhmed.lan.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>> >Dear netters. I am in the process of buying a thermocycler.
>>
>> Whatever you get, get something with a heated bonnet.  Not having to use an
>> overlay is a big benefit.
>>

>For $5k Cdn. I don't think you can get one with a heated bonnet.  We have
>an MJ unit and it has performed very well.  It is about 1 yr old and has
>given us no problems.  It is also very fast.  A standard protocol can be
>run in less than 2 hrs.

Sometimes it is possible to get "demonstrator" units (full warranty) from
MJ and you might be able to get one with a heated bonnet within your
budget; call and ask!
Richard R. Hardy
Member, Institute for Cancer Research
Fox Chase Cancer Center                         Tel:    (215) 728-2463
7701 Burholme Ave.                              FAX:    (215) 728-2412
Philadelphia, PA 19111                          E-MAIL: R_HARDY at fccc.edu