Good Marker for Histiocyte and/or Macrophage ?

Marion Freistadt mfreis at
Mon Aug 21 12:34:07 EST 1995

<jmartino at>


>Posting this for a non-networked colleague (I'll forward all responses):
>  "Can you suggest a good marker for histiocyte and/or macrophage?
>   Where might the recommended antibody be obtained?
>   Thank you."

CD14 is the standard monocyte/macrophage marker.  Most of the mAb companies
have various CD14 mAB in any imaginable form-unconjugated, FITC, PE or
biotin.  Try Becton Dickenson, AMAC (Serotec), Harlan, Caltag.
Marion S. Freistadt, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology
Louisiana State University Medical Center
1901 Perdido St.
New Orleans, LA. 70112


mfreis at

More information about the Methods mailing list