Crosslinking at acidic pH

Jochen Kruip at uni-muenster.de
Mon Aug 21 08:46:52 EST 1995

Hi Bionetters,

we are trying to crosslink a redox protein to a membrane protein
complex. As we want to work at a physiological pH (between 5.0 to 7.0)
we are looking for crosslinkers reacting at this pH range. Most
homobifunctional crosslinkers react at pH values above 7.0. If we try
to work with EDC (in combination with NHS) we don«t get adducts, so if
you know about a homobifunctional crosslinker, reatcing below pH 7,0
let us know...

Thanks in advance

Dr. Jochen Kruip                  E-mail: kruip at uni-muenster.de
Institut fuer Botanik             FAX: ++49-251-833823
Schlossgarten 3
D-48149 Muenster, Germany