CAT detection

Dr I.M. Clark imc1001 at
Tue Aug 22 09:38:44 EST 1995

Nigel Kenward (mbxnjk at wrote:
: Hi There,
: Does anyone have a simple method for detecting CAT in a positive
: transfection. I don't have a toxicity curve for the cell line I'm using,
: and I don't want to use readioactive Acetyl CoA.
: Surely there's a nice enzymatic assay out there isn't there ?
: Thanx in anticipation,
: Nigel

: Nigel Kenward              TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44789
: Dept. of Biochemistry      FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
: Queens Medical Centre      Email:mbxnjk at
: Clifton Boulevard
: Nottingham
: U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!"  -- Bill Murray.

Boehringer-Mannheim (no relation) sell a CAT ELISA which works well.
Ian M. Clark
Rheumatology Research Unit,
Addenbrooke's Hospital,
Cambridge. UK.