Is phage display vector commercially available?

Daniel Kim dkim at nmsu.edu
Mon Aug 21 10:26:10 EST 1995

In article <v01510100ac5de9a7a9a8@[130.194.152.101]> zchai at COBRA.PATH.MONASH.EDU.AU (Zhonglin Chai) writes:
>Hello there,
>
>       I Wonder if there is any phage display expression vector (for cDNA
>library construction) commercially available? I appreciate any form of
>help.
>

>ZhongLin Chai

I believe Stratagene (La Jolla, CA) has a vector called SurfZAP.  This is
a variant on the lambdaZAP system.  The single strand rescue phagemid
that is incorporated into the lambda vector (a kind of pBluescript) has
an M13 gene III segment downstream of the polylinker.  You ligate your
inserts into the lambda, package, and infect bacteria.  After making the
lambda library, use a helper phage to rescue the phagemid as a
filamentous phagemid with the displayed fusion protein.

Daniel Kim
 ps.  I have never used this system.