Choosing a PCR machine

Breuning group account jasper%ruly46.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Aug 22 06:01:08 EST 1995

Colin Rasmussen (crasmussen at anat.med.ualberta.ca) wrote:
: In article <4187os$948 at warp.cris.com>, mhollowa at cris.com wrote:

: > sabah hussain <shussain at rvhmed.lan.mcgill.ca> wrote:
: > >Dear netters. I am in the process of buying a thermocycler.
: >
: > Whatever you get, get something with a heated bonnet.  Not having to use an
: > overlay is a big benefit.
: >

: For $5k Cdn. I don't think you can get one with a heated bonnet.  We have
: an MJ unit and it has performed very well.  It is about 1 yr old and has
: given us no problems.  It is also very fast.  A standard protocol can be
: run in less than 2 hrs.

: Colin

We are quite happy with several MJ's for plate-PCR and a Hybaid Omnigene
for both plates as tubes.

Jasper