Choosing a PCR machine

Steven Sullivan sullivan at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Tue Aug 22 22:33:42 EST 1995

MJ's are good, but they tell me they're a little backlogged on certain
models.  Expect a month delay if you order one.  What I especially liked
about the MJ I used was its ease of programming.  The Thermolyne we have
now is a bear to program, and not very flexible.

We just ordered a cycler from Ericomp; its specs seem comparable to MJ's,
it's Peltier-driven, and we got two independent blocks with heated lids
for a good price (less than MJ).  They also tell me they;ve been making
cyclers fro about as long as Perkin Elmer.  I don't have their address
handy, but they advertise in Biotechniques.