Cheap Photodocumentation

lees at SASK.USASK.CA lees at SASK.USASK.CA
Wed Aug 23 02:23:33 EST 1995

On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Constantin Polychronakos wrote:

> >   lees at SASK.USASK.CA writes:
> >

> >  Anyway, I'm quite happy with those. Besides, it's color and you can use
> >  camcorder for your lab occasions and can grab. I used to use it taking
> >  experiments pictures
> >
> 	Naive question: What is the image resolution of a consumer-level
> camcorder?

*********  Good enough for research, presentation purposes !!!

I'd say better than CCD

It can even take Et.Br stained gel on U.V. transilluminator, most of
commercial camcorder has 2 lux quality.
I don't have resolution data but pictures from camcorder to computer by
frame grabber can be saved into 256 colors or million colors which are
almost picture quality.
If you're say just about gel picture, it's more than enough.

If you use orange filter, you can
have nice contrast but it's working without filter. All other pictures
are good too. I particularly import them into Powerpoint, annotate them
as I want, export to slide burner (slide maker), exc. quality slide.
I case of simple gel pictures, export to 600dpi laser printer.