Hoeffer "minflourometer" Retry?

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Wed Aug 23 14:58:32 EST 1995

Comrads,

I received a mailing from Hoefer the other day showing an apparently
new and improved fixed wavelngth fluorometer for DNA quantitation
(~$2500)_.

After being so thoroughly burnt on the original ~TK-100 (including
the "fix"), how can I try again with any confindence? I noticed
that the new model is made by Pharmacia.

Unfortunately the wide-spread bad experiences with the Hoefer
models may be an insurmountable problem for this theoretically
excellent soultion to a fundamental problem in today's laboratory
(ie. accurate DNA quantitation).

Who's got one?

Jim
J. Graham