Quantitative PCR

sabah hussain shussain at rvhmed.lan.mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 24 14:16:06 EST 1995

Dear netters. My basic problem is that the mRNA species that I am looking for (nitric oxide synthase mRNA) is expressed in a small abundance in the tissues that I am
interested in. My northern blot analysis was disappointing. I am therefore relying on PCR to quantitate the message. I am looking for the best protocol for quantitative
PCR. My second question is whether using GAPDH or active primers along with the specific primers is adequate to control for differences in tempelate RNA in different
samples. I appreciate any help in this matter.