Q: Primer design: Is there a source of statistical base distributions in genomes?

Stefan Unger sunger at crl.com
Thu Aug 24 13:17:49 EST 1995

The MAC program RightPrimer already does this and is very reasonably
priced.  Send mailing address if you would like information.  I am a dealer.
Thanks.

Wolfgang Schechinger
(u7k0201 at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de) wrote: : Hello everyone!

: Primer sequences should only match to the targetted sequence. That sounds simple, but how to
: prove it? OK, you can search the GenBank for another match, but the GenBank yet is not complete
: (will it ever be?). I have heard about a method by mathematically deriving the probabilities of
: certain sequences from the real distribution of small fragments (e.g dimers, tetramers or
: hexamers) in a genome.
: To compile these data sets I suppose there's a need of much workspace and machine capacity.
: Thus I would like to know if this approach makes sense and is really neccessary and, if so,
: if there already exists some data on the issue - where may it be found?

: Thank you for your help!
: Please email your posting, too.

: --
: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
: Wolfgang Schechinger
: Institute for Diabetes Reserch
: Koelner Platz 1
: 80804 Munich