Cm-R or Gm-R cassette?

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Aug 21 11:08:58 EST 1995

 In article <412ujb$q5s at news.cc.utah.edu>
 brad at corona.med.utah.edu (Brad Nicholson) writes:

: I am after a chloramphenicol-R or gentamicin-R cassette

| There are a couple of things that you can do. If you are in a hurry, you
| can get a nice cat gene from pACYC184.  The gene is contained on a 1325 bp
| fragment from a Hae II digest, it's the largest band, you can then blunt
| with knenow and clone in to a blunted site of your choice.
%< ---snip---snip---

I have a derivative of pACYC184 that has a XhoI linker very close to the
end of the CAT ORF. The mini-pACYC184 has XhoI and HindIII restriction
sites surrounding a 2 kb CAT-REP cassette.

.         X  cat                  rep       H
.         |<-------|------------------------| ~2 kb

@article{Hengen1992,
author = "P. N. Hengen
     and D. Denicourt
     and V. N. Iyer",
title = "Isolation and characterization of {/em kik{A}},
a region on {IncN} group plasmids that determines killing
of {{\em Klebsiella oxytoca}}",
journal = "J. Bacteriol.",
volume = "174",
pages = "3070-3077",