HIS-tag kloning vectors

Frank Chen yatsen at wam.umd.edu
Fri Aug 25 19:53:41 EST 1995

IT is a good time to reply your message today.
This morning,  I just got my polyHis recombinant protein using a kit from
Qiagen.  I switched to this kit two weeks ago after I failed to produce
anything for the same insert with a similar kit from Invitrogen.

I will therefore recommend Qiagen from my experience.  However, the failure
could be due to the sequence of the protein I tried to express.  I do not
mean in this case that the kit from Quiagen is necessarily better than
the one from Invitrogen.

I hope this is useful.

Frank