Which cDNA library kit?

Amy Marion amarion at moose.uvm.edu
Fri Aug 25 18:03:29 EST 1995

Dear netters:

	I am in the process of choosing a kit for synthesis of a cDNA library.
Which do you prefer?  Stratagene Lambda Zap kit or Promega Riboclone kit using
 the Pormege Lambda GEM-4 vector?

	I have worked with libraries made in Lambda Zap and I like being able
to excise the Bluescript plasmid from the phage.  The Riboclone system seems
to offer the same opportunity by releasing the pGEM-1 vector from the phage.
My reading of current molecular genetic literature indicates many (most?)
people are using Lambda Zap.  There must be a reason for this.  But... the
Promega system would be cheaper (a serious consideration at this time).

	If there is a system better than Lambda Zap or Riboclone I'd like to
hear about that, too.

Thanks

Amy Marion
Research Associate