Choosing a PCR machine

Christ Skory skorycd at ncaur1.ncaur.gov
Fri Aug 25 12:11:30 EST 1995

I also bought the PE gene amp 2400 and have been very happy with
it. It probably isn't that much better than the MJ machine, but I
can say from personal experience that the service from PE is 10x
better than MJ. So if the extra service isn't worth a little
extra money, then buy an MJ.  Be warned ... they are back-logged
and you will have to wait your turn in line.

Christopher D. Skory, Ph.D.
Research Microbiologist

National Center for Agricultural
  Utilization Research, USDA-ARS
Fermentation Biochemistry Unit
Peoria, Illinois 61571-3902

E-mail:  skorycd at ncaur1.ncaur.gov

>We just bought a PE geneamp 2400, which is a 24 tube version of
the 9600.
>It has new software and is set up better then the 9600. We have
been very
>pleased with it, and it was $3,400. If you don't need to do a
large
>number of samples at once, it is a good choice.
>
>David L. Gillespie           \   /\ /\   /\ /\   /\ /\    Lab:
>dgill at hydra.unm.edu          |\ /||\||\ /||\||\ /||\||\   (505)
277-5774
>University of New Mexico    \||\||/ \||\||/ \||\||/ \|    FAX:
>Dept. of Cell Biology        \/ \/   \/ \/   \/ \/   \    (505)
277-9494