Membrane protein expressed in Baculovirus?

mhollowa at mhollowa at
Fri Aug 25 22:44:28 EST 1995

I'd love to hear about anyone's experience at expressing a hydrophobic
membrane bound protein in the Baculovirus system.  What cells did you use?
What vector?  What kind of yield did you get?

I'm considering using Invitrogen's pFastbacI vector and High Five cells.
Anyone have experience with these?  I'm going to have to engineer a 6His tag
into the pFastbac.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Mike Holloway		    |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
mike.holloway at    |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
____________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ: