Protein Expression

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Sat Aug 26 15:30:21 EST 1995

>The protein I want to study will more than likely immediately bind the
>DNA of the organism used to express it, thus killing said organism.
>
>Any suggestions for a way around this?

Sure, if you just want to express useful amounts of the protein for in vitro
work, why not use an RNA virus to deliver your gene? Sure, you cells will be
trashed, but out will come your protein. BTW, what Kingdom of life are we talk-
ing here?

Brett Lindenbach

Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis