ALF Express Problems

Douglas Buechter RLZP39B at prodigy.com
Sat Aug 26 09:57:21 EST 1995

We recently purchased an ALF Express DNA sequencing system from Pharmacia.
  The apparatus works well but we are having a lot of problems getting
Pharmacia's sequencing kit to work when we use internal labeling with Cy5-
dATP.  Labeled primers do ok but with the internal labeling we get either
no or litte signal in trying to sequence plasmids that sequence ok either
by manual Sequenase or with Cy5- labeled primers.  We typically do Wizard
Minipreps but have also tried a couple of times to sequence Qiagen-
prepped plasmids with no better sucess.
   Thanks for any suggestions.

-
  DOUGLAS BUECHTER  RLZP39B at prodigy.com